Mobile DLP (Data Leakage Prevention)
Zenprise is now part of Citrix. Click here to learn more about enterprise mobility management solutions from Citrix.
Tablets and smartphones are changing the way your users get information and collaborate. Employees are happier and more productive when they’re given mobile corporate access, and businesses that go mobile gain competitive advantage and drive top-line growth. But this opportunity calls for careful mobile data management.
What happens if employees lose their devices containing your organization’s non-public financials, product design plans, or next week’s press release? What if they leave your company, taking their devices (and your data) with them? According to CSO Magazine, 17% of organizations report having already experienced a mobile breach.
Mobile DLP (Data Leakage Prevention) and mobile content collaboration offer a way for enterprises to seize the opportunity but protect their data with three mobile data management best practices:
- Securely distribute content: With a secure content container on each mobile device, you can distribute confidential documents, whether it be the latest corporate pitch or a human resources training video
- Protect access to and storage of content: Lock down personally-identifiable, health, or credit card information by encrypting data at rest as well as data in transit
- Control content based on type and context: For iOS devices, set content- and context-aware policies that govern mobile user actions such as save, print, email, email link, and copy/paste
Mobile DLP on iOS gives users secure access to their business data, but with governance and control firmly in the hands of the enterprise. Mobile content distribution and collaboration for Android offers a secure mechanism to share enterprise content. With these capabilities enterprises get:
- A secure content container (with support for all file types, including video and audio)
- File synchronization across mobile devices and back-end applications
- Integration with enterprise collaboration tools and content repositories starting with Microsoft SharePoint and Office365
- Encryption of data at rest and in transit
- Content version control and time expiry
- Content- and context-aware policies for iOS for actions such save, print, email, email link, and copy/paste
- Dynamic policies such as wipe container upon device jailbreak or failed login attempts
- Container/data wipe upon employee departure